Monday, August 29, 2016

Milan, Part Deux...

My second trip to Milan this year had a much different feel than the first. I lived more like a local and knew to take the train from the airport instead of a taxi, I was a pro at taking the metro, and I knew my way around the city center (more or less). I returned to visit the Italian for dinner number two (see my previous post for notes on dinner number one) and to see more of the city (aka, to do more shopping). While I don't know when I'll get back to Milan again, I DO know that Italy has been one of my favorite countries to visit and I'll be back again in two weeks, this time to Sardinia. 

Today's lesson: If it feels right, do it. 

Milan, May 2016
Highlights: -A late afternoon solo lunch near the Duomo with, you guessed it, pizza and champagne (quickly becoming one of my favorite combinations).
                   -The PERFECT weather for strolling through the city.
                   -My third trip to the Louis Vuitton store in Milan.
                   -Dinner with the Italian and his friends. The ambience, food, wine, company, everything was amazing!
                   -The Italian's home cooked pasta and the special bottle of champagne he got from France, just for me. 
                   -Strolling through the Navigli (an area on the canal) while eating gelato, listening to jazz, and watching the sunset. 

Lowlights: -Getting off the train during what I assumed to be a monsoon and trying to find the bus that would take me to my hotel. Oh, and getting off the bus two stops too early (because they announced them all in muffled Italian over the speaker and there was no map of the stops on the bus) and having to walk through said monsoon to my hotel. I. Was. Soaked. 


I just love the colors of the Milanese buildings. 

My view of the Duomo during my solo lunch.

The Navigli district. 

The Italian.



Listening to jazz in the Navigli.

Heading to dinner with the Italians, with the Italian.


No comments:

Post a Comment