Sunday, August 21, 2016

It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you...

How many of you read the title of this post and instantly broke into "I Know You Got Soul" by Eric B. & Rakim? Oh, am I telling my age here? So here's the deal…this blog used to be about nothing but fashion…vintage and modern fashion, my very own "style remix" to be exact. That was over two years ago. A LOT has happened since then. As you may recall, I moved to the Middle East. If you don't, you can check it out here. Since so much has changed for me, I thought it only fitting that my blog change as well. (If you were REALLY into my fashion posts, don't worry, there will be more of those. A huge part of my life revolves around fashion after all.)

Like many of you, I am a visual person. I loved the simplicity of my blog before, a quick one or two sentences on the post followed by pictures of how I style vintage and modern pieces. But you never really got to know me. Believe it or not I'm a pretty private person; what you see on social media is what I WANT you to see. I'm awkward in front of the camera, but I'm not shy. I know, strange. When I first started my blog, I didn't want to put too much of me out there, if that makes sense. These past two years, however, have given me a confidence I never had before. I thought I'd share a bit more of myself with you in the hopes that you can learn from my life lessons (I can't be the ONLY person who goes through these things, right?) and see that I'm still very much a work in progress.

The posts won't be super long and drawn out (hey, even I tend to bore easily), and they will usually end with some lesson I've learned (I'm a teacher after all). Feel free to leave questions for me or comments. In fact, PLEASE leave questions and comments! I'd like this to be an interactive blog. And if you like what you read and see, SHARE, SHARE, SHARE. You never know who may be able to take something away from what I've shared with you.

Today's lesson: Change with the times. I'm slowly learning that my life is evolving and I like where it's heading. I have NO clue where that is, exactly, but I'm definitely enjoying the journey!

A few big moments from my travels to Paris and Istanbul are below. I'll post more travel pics to other cities (and Paris, again…it's one of my favs) in the next post. Be sure to check back!

Paris with my girls for the winter holidays 2014
Highlights: -My girls were with me. Need I say more? (Oh, I do? Continue reading below…)
                  -Getting a chance to share this amazing city that I love with my girls.
                  -Dancing until dawn with complete strangers.
                  -Running into my friend who's a flight attendant and just so happened to be in Paris at the      same time…and proceeding to dance until dawn.
                  -My girl Sandra and I CLAIMING we were only going to have one bottle of wine on New Year's Eve then return to our hotel room, only to end up having THREE bottles (thanks to the ex-NBA player, his fiancĂ© and his friends sitting at the table next to us), and attempting to walk back to our hotel since all of the cabs were taken.

Lowlights: Getting locked out of the apartment I rented and trying to find a hotel at 11:30pm. Two days before New Year's Eve. In Paris. (Luckily we did, and now we can laugh about it. It definitely was NOT funny when it happened.)










Celebrating Rachel's birthday in Istanbul 2015
Highlights: An authentic Turkish bath (AMAZING!!!! However, they threw warm water on me without warning. Without a cap on my head. Now you KNOW I don't play that. With that twa (teeny, weeny, afro for all my readers who aren't fluent in "black girl natural hair speech") I was rocking back then???)
                   A seaside dinner.
                   Roaming the streets of this historic city.

Lowlights: Roaming the streets of this historic city. I was NOT ready for the hills! 
















Don't forget to check back for more of my travels from the past two years in my next post...







2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love it and thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have another post from Paris coming up later on the blog.

    ReplyDelete