Friday, January 13, 2017

Kicking Off The New Year...

2016 was one hell of a year, and not in a good way. For reasons both personal and professional, it was one of my most trying years ever. But here we are, nearly two weeks into 2017 and I'm. Still. Here.

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions. I can't remember the last time I did that. Instead, I'm going to try (my best) to continue a resolution I made to myself in November of last year; I will try to start my day with a positive thought and end my night by doing the same. It has worked WONDERS for my spirit and for my peace of mind.

This new year started with a small get together for one of my "girlfriends groups" (I have about three of them, and yes, they all have names.). I had a chance to break out my new cheeseboard (which I'm ridiculously excited to use, almost embarrassingly so...). We kept it low-key with snacks, desserts, and games at my place. I always enjoy getting together with my girls, they've become my "family" here in Kuwait and I appreciate having them in my life. Good friends, good food, good times.

Today's lesson: Tell your friends you love and appreciate them often. 


No comments:

Post a Comment