Saturday, February 11, 2017

Jordan and Israel

After spending Christmas in Amsterdam, I returned to Kuwait for one night, repacked my bags, and headed to the airport the following day bound for Amman, Jordan. I'm lucky to have a cousin who lives there as I was able to stay with him for New Year's Eve. This trip was like none other I've ever experienced. I climbed rock formations in the desert of Wadi Rum, crossed the border into Israel where I walked the streets of Old Jerusalem, caught my first sunset of the New Year in Tel Aviv, and climbed too many steps to count in the historic city of Petra. It. Was. Amazing. I was SO lucky to have my cousin there to guide me through all of it.

Highlights: Seeing the amazing desert landscapes of Wadi Rum and Petra.
                   The BEST tacos I've had in a while at Taqueria (Tel Aviv).
                   Spending one on one time with my cousin.

Lowlights: The food in Petra. (Sorry, but it just wasn't good. Not at all.)
               
Today's Lesson: Step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You may be pleasantly surprised. 

Wadi Rum, Jordan.






Dinner (in a cave) with my cousin.

Petra, Jordan.

Patiently waiting for tacos in Tel Aviv, Israel. 

Strolling through Old Jerusalem.

The Western Wall, Jerusalem.


Entrance to the Church of the Holy Sepluchre.



No comments:

Post a Comment