Sunday, February 5, 2017

Amsterdam!

For the past two years, I've spent Christmas in Paris. This year, I switched it up and traveled to Amsterdam. I have to admit, I was afraid I'd regret my decision since I love, love, LOVE Paris, but Amsterdam did not disappoint. It's a beautiful city with its canals and bridges. I walked EVERYWHERE, even though it was cold and windy nearly every day. I didn't care. I wanted to see the sights and pop in and out of shops. I'll be back again next month for a work conference. I can't wait to visit again!

Highlights: Dancing like crazy at Jimmy Woo's.
                   Dinner at Mr. Porter (at the W Hotel). DEFINITELY going back in March.
                   The Anne Frank House and Van Gogh Museum.
                   A Christmas market near the Van Gogh Museum.
                   Cutting up at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.

Lowlights: Attempting to "pause" an update on my phone, thereby causing it to crash, and begging my way into an appointment at the Apple Store to have it fixed. (On a positive note, the employee who helped me out ended up telling me about Jimmy Woo's-see above.)

Today's Lesson: Never, EVER attempt to update your phone while traveling. Especially when you desperately need Google Maps to navigate the city. 

Monument in Dam Square.

All decked out for the holidays.

Found this window while strolling through the city. Me, in a nutshell.

Beautiful buildings along the canal.

Boat life...

Also me (see window above).

A installation in the Amsterdam Light Festival.

Oh, hey there Anna Wintour. 

Snatched the mic from Queen Bey. 

You seriously can't take me anywhere. 

Spent Christmas Day at the Van Gogh Museum.


Christmas market near the Van Gogh Museum. 

A wafel-lolly made fresh, hand-dipped in chocolate and coated with sprinkles. YUM!

Rijksmuseum.




Lady Liberty as seen from our canal tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment